Image HTML map generator

17.10.12

Day #92.1: October Showdown: Glam Bag vs Birchbox

While waiting for my Birchbox invitation, I came across another similar product called "Glam Bag". Instead of receiving a box, you receiving a cute little make-up bag each month and it's filled with samples from various companies. I received my first glam bag this month and decided to compare it's contents with Birchbox's contents. For more information on Glam Bag, click here.

Glam Bag


1. The first product in this months glam bag was a sample of eye shadow from Coastal Scents. I received rosy pink, gunmetal, elven silver and light pink. 

2. What's Your Type? Body Builder Mascara by The Balm Cosmetics in black

3. Pequi Oil Treatment to make your hair soft and shiny

4. Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain

5. Be a Bombshell Eye Liner. This eye liner is AMAZING. It looks like a freakin' sharpie. I usually mess up my eye liner and get it all over myself (hands, face, clothes...ugh. Sometimes I suck at being a girl) and this is dummy proof. I love it!

To top off all these awesome samples, they came in this super cute black, white and red chevron make-up bag. Perfect size for your purse or work bag. Birchbox...you have some competition.


Birchbox + Goop


1. Luna LemonZest nutrition bar I haven't tried this yet...I don't really like lemony foods so I might give this to my Hubby. Even if it says "For Women" on the label. Is that wrong?

2. Marie Veronique Organics Body Oil It says its a mixture of watermelon seed, vegetable squalene and apricot kernel oils. It smells kind of like lavender. It makes my skin feel sort of greasy but definitely moistures skin however.

3. Joanna Vargas Daily Serum Another skin product. Since I just slathered the body oil all over my hands and arms, I will probably use this product tomorrow!

4. Sprout Lip Balm Flights Tastes like chocolate. Yum.

5. Essie Nail Polish in "Size Matters" You really can't go wrong with Essie nail polish. The color is a pretty dark red. I love it! I just painted my nails in Essie's "Chinchilly" or else I would totally paint them tonight.

So, all in all both Glam Bag and Birchbox provided great products this month. I have to say, the items in Glam Bag kind of impressed me more this month, however the Essie nail polish has me swaying. October's winner? Glam Bag.

Until tomorrow, 

Big, beautiful & broke... Chelsea



6 comments:

  1. This is a great review. I have been going back and forwards over which subscription to join. I want to do one for beauty products and one for hair. Looks like Glam Bag has the most goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great side-by-side review! You should do a full review on the eyeliner! I would love to see a before and after and a description of the application, etc etc. Eyeliner is my frenemy, so I'm always looking for something that makes my life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right that you can never go wrong with Essie polish! Both look like great boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower here! I found you through the Sunday link up! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birchbox this month was super disappointing I should have opted in for the goop one I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Goop Birchbox was pretty nice! A lot of reviewers of both Glam Bag and Birchbox said that Glam Bag won in October. For me, I still preferred my Birchbox. =) Love your review, though! Very informative!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com